Secondhand Surplus

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where is all the gray linen?




This is my new project. This settee was gifted to me, and I feel that I'm up for the challenge of making it mine. I pictured it covered in a wrinkly gray linen, yet I am still to find any. So in the spirit of our "no cost" weekend house project, I went digging in my remnant pile and found these fabrics. There is not enough of either to do the whole settee in one. So I thought that if I used the solid brown on the seat and the back rest with the tufting, then on the back and where it wraps around the side would look good in the linen damask. I'm not completely sold, so if there are any suggestions, or if anyone wants to donate about 5-6 yards of gray linen that would be greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment