Secondhand Surplus

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Before / After







I found this little table in a alley not far from our house and decided to give it a new home. I do believe that if someone challenged me to decorate a house with things that were only found, I think I could do it.
It looked like this was a piece of a dining table, it still has the little hooks underneath for where an extension goes. The table had seen better days. The previous owners had painted it black without priming it, so needless to say most of the paint was already chipping off.
Me and Baby J spent some time scraping and sanding, and trying to get back to a smooth surface. There were a few screw holes that I filled with wood filler, then sanded. The table was too long to fit in the spot at the bottom of our stairs, so I cut about 2" of each end.
I then got some iron on wood veneer from the hardware store and used it on the cut sides and the front. And after that all it took was a coat of primer and a couple coats of paint.
Recycling at its best.



2 comments: