Secondhand Surplus

Monday, November 9, 2009

Scavenger

























I had Saturday morning to myself and chose to spend it shopping estate sales. A couple were a bust, but a beautiful morning alone and only spending $6 it was a wonderful time.



From the top, I found a whole box of old paint by numbers and these are a few of my favorites, all for a buck. The same sale I purchased a stack of vintage fabric, a small vintage red pillow, and a vintage slip cover for my daybed, and a small metal basket(not pictured) for an additional $2.



Last, but not least, at a different sale I found a pair of Eames DKX (wire) chairs for $3. I only picture one because the other is at the doctors right now having a few spot welds done.



One chair had the seat pad and the other had the back, so I put them on one chair and used a lot of vinyl cleaner and conditioner and the pads are looking pretty good, the finish on the chair is not however. I will probably sand and repaint the seat white and the legs black, and try to get it back to its original beauty, but I like to wait a while and live with the patina, but I won't be able to get it back. So I feel like I made out like a bandit, and I am in love with all of my new treasures.







2 comments:

  1. All of those paint by numbers for just a dollar?! Lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were in a box in the basement of a FULL house estate sale, and they were just trying to get rid of stuff!I have used a few on some crafts and have framed a few for gifts.

    ReplyDelete