Secondhand Surplus

Friday, August 30, 2013

A Few New Things....

I recently got a "new to me" laptop, and am really yet to learn the ins and outs. We have always had PCs before and I decided that I wanted a mac to be able to easily sink up to my Iphone. I am trying to figure this new computer out and trying to figure out the best way to deal with all of my photos and blogging.
So, while exploring Picasa and my photo backlog, I scanned pass this photo and had to stop, and thought, wow, I really like that living room. This is our living room, a few months ago, and it no longer looks like this.
Funny, nothing was wrong with the room in this photo, but I crave change so much that often I change things just for the sake of change.
Another thing in my life that is new other than my computer, is that I am also posting over at Mr. Modtomic's blog.  I'm posting about the Feminine aspects of modern design, and most of which just is photos of things in my home that help balance the 3 males to 1 female in our household. All of the testosterone can quickly take over if there isn't a constant balance.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing. Impeccable taste and your aesthetic matches so closely to mine. Love it!

    xx Emily @ fox+gypsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I really enjoy the time I spend decorating my home!

      Delete
  2. I love change too...so much so that in the past I would sell everything I owned, from furniture down to my towels and Tupperware...every few years and start all over. Since I've started buying vintage items that aren't easily replaced, I have to find other ways to change things up.

    I'm really enjoying your posts on Mr. Modtomic's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dana, thanks! I think I would really enjoy starting all over, I've thought about it a lot. Selling everything and slowly accumulating again. Then I look around and can't imagine living without my favorite things!

      Delete
  3. ::Sigh:: I really should better document all the "change outs" that I go through around our joint. I like to think that I'm working TOWARD something and that I'll slow down when some of the right pieces start to come together, but I probably won't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's constant at my house, everything will have it's place, until I find another piece that I love, and then it sets the wheels back in motion.

      Delete
  4. It sounds almost like a photo-journalistic type piece is in order - set up a tripod and take a picture of your living room from the same spot every day for a year. The images would be fascinating! I get bit by the change-it-all-around bug quite a bit but I've been trying to ease back on the shopping/thrifting so that has helped. I wonder more about people who "finish" a room and then leave it like that for 15 years. That doesn't seem very healthy, does it? They need to embrace the change like you do! Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right CT, I do wonder about people that finish a room and then leave it. My home is probably the way I best express myself, and it changes as my family and myself change and grow. I would rather be home than any other place on earth, and that's why I spend so much time "decorating".

      Delete
  5. I'm so, so in love with that bottom textured rug under the other two. Please do let me know if you ever fancy changing it out for something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I found your blog. Finally someone and something to connect with.
    You are doing the right thing. Keep up the good work.

    /Miss Second Hand
    http://frokenandrahand.blogspot.se

    ReplyDelete