Secondhand Surplus

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chicken Coop


My husband has been working very hard all weekend on our coop. He almost lost a finger in the beginning, but came back strong the next day. I couldn't be more excited, or more proud of the handy work of my better half. The hinged box on the front is their nesting box. He is using some reclaimed lumber that he happened upon in an alley, the door hinges are from a found door, and he is also using a found door knob on the nesting box. We plan to use corrugated tin panels for the roof, and more reclaimed wood for the siding in their shelter. I will be painting/staining the structure. I will update photos as we get further along.
Our chicks are quickly growing, and soon they will be large enough to spend the rest of their days in the beautifully hand-crafted chicken coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment