Secondhand Surplus

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flickr Find

I found this pic while looking for inspiration for my new mid century modern daybeds. Yes, that's right, I am now the proud owner of two beautiful MCM daybed. Just for the record I know that I don't NEED anymore furniture. And I have to say in my own defence that I started my craigslist finds posts, so that I didn't feel the need to purchase these things. But what can I say, I LOVE FURNITURE. Alright its out there in the open, it is a sickness. Why can't I be one of those people that collect miniatures, or maybe even records, or what about those souvenir spoons. But I'm not, I for some reason collect furniture. Chairs are the usual suspects, but now I've moved on to larger things, settees, couches. I still try to keep the piece or pieces of furniture light enough that I can move it into the house, and into hiding before anyone notices. But really? I think my husband at this point doesn't believe that we really had all of this furniture just sitting in the basement.
*photo via flickr, I'm not sure that I am really allowed to use flickr photos , but thanks for the wonderful inspiration. (I'm a new blogger so I don't know all the rules)

No comments:

Post a Comment