Secondhand Surplus

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kitchen Table and Chairs

We have had this table and chair set for a few months now, I finally got around to taking a picture of them. They are usually covered in sticky finger prints and dinner from the night before.
I had been really wanting a knoll set like this but felt that it was out of financial reach for me. I had been looking at the table from Ikea, but at still about $200 for a table alone and shipping(not to mention we didn't need a table ) I had put this dream to rest.
Then I had found a chair and ottoman on CL that I wanted to get for my husband's birthday. It was quite a drive and after about a 45min-1hr in the car we pull up to the house, and low and behold, there it was. In the garage sat the table and chairs of my dreams. I got so excited that I almost forgot why we were there. I quickly looked over the chair, and say yeah its fine, whatever, are you wanting to get rid of the table and chairs in your garage?
She said she would have to talk to her husband and get back to me. I was so excited, I could hardly think about the great deal I just got on the chair and ottoman.
The next day I waited by the phone, until I couldn't stand it anymore, and I finally called her.
She said yeah they were willing to part with the set, but they would need to get.....wait are you ready for this....$25.... for the set. I made sure one more time that this price included the table and 4 chairs, then I nearly peed my pants.
I of course wanted to get back out there before they had a chance to change their minds, or even do a little more research and find that they could get a lot more, I would have even paid a lot more. They were not going to be home the next day, but told me to come out, load the set up and just leave the cash under the rug. How great is that?
I know that you purist out there are reading this and saying Its a knockoff. I don't care. I love it as if it weren't, and would never make it feel bad, because I think its way cooler than anything you can get at Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment