Secondhand Surplus

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Luxo Lamp

I recently found this Luxo lamp at our Habitat for Humanity Restore. I was in looking for a small vintage medicine cabinet and with no luck, on my way out I spotted this lonely guy. Amongst all of the outdated lighting fixtures, there he sat, his cord had been cut. I then spotted the mounting bracket, and thought if the price was right I would give it a go.
Two bucks is all it took, and a look of sympathy from the cashier.
I brought him home and did a little cleaning, and then he went to the doomed basement. That is where most of my unfinished projects sit collecting dust, making me feel bad every time I go to switch out a load of laundry.
Well, today was his day. I already had a cord and some time on my hands, so I set to work. This project was a little harder than others due to the cord running through the whole length of the lamp in two long sections. It took a little while for me to fish the cord through, but still was maybe just a 20 min. project.
I'm not sure where exactly he will end up, but for now he is enjoying the view, and is no longer stuck in the basement with the rest of the rejects.

No comments:

Post a Comment