Secondhand Surplus

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Third times a charm





































I found this chair and ottoman recently, and like most things I bring home, it was in an alley and in desperate need of love. One back leg was cracked and a front leg was loose. The wood was sad and dry, and it looked like a cat had love the back of this chair for a scratching post.
My friend stacked claim on the chair pretty quickly, and she also had a couple of yards of fabric she had just bought.
I used her gray fabric for the back rest and arms, then I bought some burlap for the sides and back. I had the velvet, and thought it would add to the coziness of the chair and ottoman. I for got to take a good before picture of the ottoman, but it had seen better days. The webbing on both the chair and ottoman needed to be redone, and I added new foam to the ottoman and new batting to both.
I just rubbed the wood down with wax-n-feed, and that did the trick. I am happy with how it turned out, and I hope my friend is also.






No comments:

Post a Comment