Secondhand Surplus

Monday, September 13, 2010

bedroom inspiration







I am still slowly tinkering around at transforming our master bedroom from a kids playroom back to where adults sleep.
The first photo I believe is from AT, and I loved the trim color around the windows. I wish we had some exposed brick, but that can be a later project.
The second photo came from the brick house archives, and I believe she used it as inspiration for her DIY handles on her bookcases. We have two crawlspace doors in our bedroom that I want to make a pair of these handles for, and stain walnut.
The third picture is a window treatment that I have been looking for, for a couple of weeks now. I have seen it many places, but when you start to look for the picture it can't be found. I finally found the picture via Doorsixteen. I'm thinking unbleached and gauzy, but with two hooks on either corner of my windows and may be just two grommets on either corner of window panel.
The last photo is from D16 also, and I like the box spring cover. Our mattress and box spring is on the floor(since I sold our bed frame)and I have already covered it in unbleached burlap.
Things are starting to come along. I am also working on reupholstering a set of chairs and an ottoman for the bedroom. I finished the ottoman this weekend and I will try to post a pic later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment