Secondhand Surplus

Friday, September 17, 2010

Rude Osolnik











This is another thrift score from our outing on Monday. I picked them up at this little shop on the North side, we had never been there before, and not really sure if its worth going back to. This is the first thing that caught my eye as soon as we walked in I grabbed them, saw that they were hand signed on the back, the price was $3, and the wood grain was beautiful.
I kind of forgot about them, and when going through our bags when we got home I did a little google search, and it didn't take long to find that Rude Osolnik is considered "The Master" wood turner of North America. He has permanent exhibits at many museums. He died in 2001, I believe and he is most well known for his turned wood bowls and vases.
So, If you would like to own a pair of your own please feel free to bid on mine on ebay!



1 comment:

  1. I hear from around the way that you did very well with a bowl or something lately! You becomin' a Ebay mastah! Have you gotten any feedback yet?

    Those sconces are beautiful, but look a little religious to me. Speaking of, dag we have some cool looking Danish Modern churches in the St. Louis area! These look like they came right out of one of those.

    We're hittin' flea mkts this weekend. Wish me some of that unending luck you got following you around! Don't you just love finding a bag sitting by the door and wondering why it's sitting there. Then opening it up and finding a forgotten treasure you bought a week ago! Yeah, I got about 10 or 15 of those. Ugh, I need to clean this place up...after the flea mkt. You gotta have SOME priorities!

    ReplyDelete